What are some date ideas for couples that DO NOT involve food or film?
My local playgroup mama friend posed this question the other day on our group’s private Facebook page and there were soooo many great answers!
I loved the question so I decided to see what you all could come up with. You old married folks remember what dates are right? 💑
Here is my personal fun list.
These are all very tried and true! 😁
NO FOOD/FILM DATES:
- Walk around the mall and make up stories about various people you see
- Climb up on the roof, lay back and watch the stars
- Go bowling
- Sit under a bridge tossing pebbles into the river while talking about the future
- Rent a top floor hotel room with a view and have wine and chocolate sauce in the jacuzzi/shower/floor
- Find an old old hidden graveyard out in the country to walk through and talk about the names and who they may have been
- Sit on the swings at a park and reminisce about when you first met
- Couples massage
- Couples pedicure
- Take musical instruments to an old park and play together at sunset
- Kayak, tube or paddle boat down the river
- Go fishing
- Hike a trail in a State Forest
- Walk downtown main street and visit the shops
- Find a new-to-you park with courts and basketball or tennis, bonus points if you suck at sports like I do
- Bike a local park trail
- Take a board game to a state park and play together
- Wash the car together, ensure loads of suds.
- Walk around the a flea market, see who can find the funniest/wackiest items
- Park at the airport and watch the airplanes
- Ride out to the rural parts of the midlands past the corn, cotton and cows and visit a quaint little town
- Go geocaching
- Visit one of the local garden nurseries and compete to learn the names of as many plants as you can in 30 mins or less
- Toss pillows and blankets in the bed of the truck and drive somewhere secluded
- Adult night at a trampoline park
- Buy some new candles and play with the wax
- Go play in the spring rain showers together
- Grab one of those conversation question boxes for couples, head to the zoo and find a funny spot to sit and answer the questions with each other.
- Walk around the botanical gardens together
- Visit the a local Museum of Art
- Hit up a large Paintball field and play
- Take a ghost tour downtown
- Hit up a local sports game (hockey, baseball, high school, college, farm team, so many choices!)
- Attend a free musical concert at the local college
- Walk around the library and see who can find the weirdest/funniest books
Who can think of more?